Sunday, October 24, 2010

Modern Day Slavery

The British founder of a Cambodian orphanage is facing prosecution for sexually abusing children at the home, officials said Saturday.

Nicholas Patrick Griffin is accused of abusing "many" children, both boys and girls under the age of 15, said Sun Bun Thorng of the government's anti-human trafficking department in Siem Reap, northern Cambodia ...

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/1088941/1/.html

Although he is not announced guilty yet but there can be no smoke without a fire right?!?
I am really upset when I came across this article because I cannot believe that the founder of an orphanage is actually trafficking his 'kids'. Kids who probably worshipped and trusted him for giving them a home, food and warmth. I hate to even imagine how he probably cajoled or lied to the kids in an attempt to sexually abuse or used them to engage in human trafficking.

What guts he has to proclaim on his website that the founding of the Cambodia Orphan Fund was to create projects that will help Cambodian people break the poverty cycle and help themselves to a positive future.

YES!!!!!! He fucking set up some kind of foundation and god knows where the money to fund it came from!

It made me question a lot of things.
Why did he do that?
Did he start up an orphanage for this grand master plan of his?
Shouldn't he be someone with a heart of gold?
Is he not guilt stricken to be doing things like that?

I'm sure there are many such cases that are not being made known; either hushed up cases or they're just some lucky good-for-nothing arseholes! It made me question humanity again. Did god forget to instill that in some people? I just believe that no matter how bad the circumstances is, no amount of reasons can justify the action of this British man.

I hope he doesn't end up getting away because he has wads of pounds!

peis

1 comment:

- said...

HELLO DARLING!! SARAH HERE hahahahaha
this is my new url baby

http://xzxzcysz.blogspot.com/
i miss you :D please update more often >:{