Sunday, May 17, 2009

On a sat afternoon around 430pm....

So I was at the Unload position walking my ass off on the travellator making sure all guests get off the ride and leave the travellator safely. Then this kid decided that the yellow&black safety belt under those clam was interesting so he stretched his leg out and stepped on it.

beeeppppp.....
The emergency stop was triggered, alarm went off and the entire ride stopped.
Instinctively, when he stretched his leg, I knew what he was about to do (because I have seen it far too many times) and usually its too late to stop them, and ride went on E-stop. Today was just not the boy's lucky day, he had his foot stuck under the clam.
So he was crying and screaming, his mom was in shock, the alarm was going on! Everything was happening at the same time. I had to silenced that fuck alarm, call the coordinator and dial NINE ONE ONE(that's the last number you want to dial when you're working at an attraction front line)!!!! My heart was palpitating and I almost went into a nervous breakdown right there but I had no idea where I got that courage to walk up to coo and calm that kid. The mother was fidgeting with the kid leg trying to get it out and when I told her not to do that because we don't know which part is stuck. Guess what? She yelled at me and said "I'M TRYING TO TALK TO MY SON".
fuck that, bitch!

The coordinator came, then the park managers, maintenance, paramedics, it felt like the whole world was there. They did a 101 evacuation and I just stood at a corner till the manager told me to go to the break room for a breather. I was too stressed up and scared that I broke into tears the moment I went offstage. Then I had to go to the managers office to write a witness statement which is part of the procedure. Thank god, nth happened to that kid's foot!
I may be slapped with a safety reprimand if anything serious did happened!

And I still have one report and one assignment due!!!

bye world, i want to curl up in bed and sleeppp

No comments: