Monday, October 12, 2009

HELLOOO SINGAPORE

It has been a good week since I've finally reached home after been away for a good six months. It's an undeniable fact that coming back home, seeing my friends and family was really exciting and amazing.
As wonderful as it is, little did I expect the culture shock that awaits me. Having lived here almost my whole life, I thought I would have no problem adapting back... However, the past week has proved me wrong.... It's not only a matter of getting used to the way things work, but most importantly how our people are...

I felt horrified each time they bestow me with their ungracious and inconsiderate behaviour; to think I've highly promoted our country to all my friends...
If we really want to place ourself on the global map, we have better work on our service standards and to be more gracious and considerate.
Just the other day, Andrea and I had lunch at HEI Sushi and it was then I remembered how bad our service staff can be... Maybe I shouldn't benchmark using the America standards, but the least that waitress could do was SMILE... I doubt she can even make any recommendation if I were to ask...

Going to head back to school later to submit my final report, can't wait to see if anything interesting awaits me... I promise I will clean up my room on tuesday after I'm done with my report.... and I'm sure I will do it!!!!

till later
pei <3

No comments: