hellozzz there!
First two days of the holiday has been pretty awesome for me. Worked with rascals in the morning and then I get to have a lot of quality time with myself in the afternoon. I love afternoon crowd (not the people), but the environment. It isn't as chaotic as the weekend with so much distraction clouding your head.
No doubt that there was a time back then when I'll let myself into self-pity when I'm left alone or had no where to head to. But as I grow older, I truly appreciate the time I get to have to myself. I can think about issues better and with a more rational head as I stream through the lazy afternoon crowd.
I've never really given much thoughts to things such as the flowers swaying with the cooling breeze, a mother coo-ing her baby, teenagers flocking to the mall after school when I'm with a group. I have a higher tendency to take in details when alone, to think back and on other things which lend me a different perspective to life.
I'm not denying the obvious that we are all social creature but I think everyone deserves quality time with their inner-self. Not is it just a way of getting to your inner thoughts, it's a way of training yourself to be more independent.
Anyways, I'm back on my reading track. I've completed that cheesy romance story(love it, it had me smiling throughout. I know, typical!) and now I've got my nose into Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts, pretty mind-sucking with all the building suspense (I have yet to get to the root of the story) about friendship and kinship. I hope to finish it by this week so I can move on to my Jane Austen's stories. I have this other book about three best friends, okay adapted from the book:
... about growing up, moving on and keeping close to those who remind us of where we've been and where we still hope to go.
loves, pei
1 comment:
I LOVE BEING ALONE TOOO . but not all the time,, but anwyays MEET UP WITH ME SOON
EH JODI PICOULTS DAMN GOOD, LIKE BETtER THAN TWILIGHT SIOLZ
yay 27th 27th <3<3<3
Luv you
Post a Comment