Saturday, December 26, 2009

it's a small small world

Boxing Day. So I may say it as the day after Christmas but I have no clue what it really is. So I asked Thomas if he knows what is boxing day.He told me that rumors has it that after Christmas, families has a lot of boxes to pack up after all the gifts... So its a day to "box-ed up", thus Boxing Day -.-
OOOOK... No doubt, I was a little skeptical (in fact, VERY)about it. Therefore since I'm bored at work, I've decided to wiki it. Wiki has it that in Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and some states of Australia, Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday. So it's Post Christmas Sale. I don't know how credible it is, because there are alot of versions of what Boxing Day is. But how is sales related to Boxing Day????

Guess what I inferred; its because these stores will also need to do alot of "box-ed up" at the end of the day. HAHAHA!!
Pardon my lousy punchline, maybe Boxing Day just meant something else.. OMGGG.. I'm so bored that I'm as lame as Thomas.

On eve, went out for Yum Cha with Weijie. I swear it is insane to do timsum buffet with only one other person. We ate so much, I had trouble walking... Then I had to sit down at this table by the street when we're out. This stupid woman came and grumbled "Eh Miss, I do business one, need to buy water then can sit down ah. I do business one horr". OKAY, FINE!! I know you're running a business but there're zero customers and I'm not hindering your business. Seriously, I wanted to use my Yield Management knowledge on her. So I had to struggle down the street and I need to sit down at every opportunity.

We headed to town after which and I snapped a picture of two friends who saw each other by coincidences. What a small world this is, to be able to bump into your friend on a street SO SO SO SO crowded. Anyway, I bought a very nice ring with leopard prints on it. Very much in love with the ring <3>
On Christmas day, I lazed around at home till Mom suggested dinner out. OK! So we headed to town, AGAIN!!! Had to deal with the crowd AGAIN!! Ate at Flying Chilies, nothing spectacular and they actually ran out of Mango with Sticky Rice. I couldn't believe it, they ruined my dessert plans.




and so I ended up eating this chendol with jackfruit thing.

Shopping wise; nothing much because I found everything over-rated and over-priced. But my brother had a whirl-wind window-shopping experience. He was going gaga and trying on all the outerwear in ZARA and Uniquo, deciding on which one to get.
Btw, I made a new discovery; NewLook has got oh-so-many shoes!!

Yup, this was what he was doing the whole day and he has his eyes set on this trench coat in Uniquo
This was how my mom look like when she complained about how much outerwear he has at home.

And so while they banter, I took pictures. HAHAHA

Okay, back to work now. Bye all, and have a good weekend :)

No comments: